Saturday, October 4

Back in the room

So after summer break I'm back in sunny Leeds for second year, having worked my tets off at Sainsbury's for 3 months solid to fund it! Mixed feelings right now; looking forward to catching up with everyone and goin out, but also knowing that this year will have a massive affect upon the direction I find myself heading in when I leave. Really want to try and push myself to do well, build on what I've enjoyed doing previously and learn skills that are gona be useful for times ahead. I want to work with briefs that will demand a professional approach and thought process, ultimately to try and gain as much 'live' experience as I can. The next two years, in sugar coated theory, will ultimately be the necessary preparation to open doors for a mint job in the big bad world. Sugar coated indeed!! We'll see how much I want that to become a reality over the next 21 months I guess. Here's a snapshot of my 'Collectors' research over the summer:

How Manga changed the world' - Urbis Centre. Really well presented, explored the art of Manga and its influence upon popular culture, including music, fashion, art, right through to the corporate sector.






Full Circle @ Upperspace. Sister project of Sketch City collective, this is the only designated Street Art gallery outside of Landan Taan, the same ethos revolving around inclusivity and promoting art as a positive form of expression.




The Conquest of Imperfection - Very interactive installations by Maskaki Fujihata detailing how new technologies redefine reality.